vrijdag 11 maart 2011

Trying something new..

Hello sweet people!

One of my secrets is that I adore art journaling and always envy the persons who are so good at it. I bought paints, pens, special stamps, inks etc to start art journaling but I never had the courage or thought I was good enough.. Thinking of what kind of layout I wanted to make for the scrap yourself blog made me think of this little secret of mine. Yesterday night I just wanted to get messy with paint so I tried my hand at doing a page.

I bought the Pink Paislee parisian album and some refills and I just want to make the jump into doing a combination of scrapbooking and art journaling. Why not? Can I make mistakes? sure! Will that matter? no way.. so I challenge you to just take a jump at whatever you have as a little secret and just do it!!

Here is the 5x7 art journal layout I created using the art supplies I bought for art journaling.



It includes some Basic Grey paper from the basics collection, MME lost and found sticker, Tim holtz stamps, October afternoon seaside paper and a Echo Park pink heart. I also had to include some Studio Calico sunshine misting and some Ranger stickles!

It might not be as artsy as some of the art journaling out there, but I learned there is no right or wrong and.. well I totally like it.. so it makes me happy. Thats the point right?!

Now go think of a little secret and take a chance at it! 

Happy creating!
xo Danielle

6 opmerkingen:

Sue Sykes zei

Gorgeous, Danielle!!

Renata Moni zei

wonderful work! love it!

Elizabeth zei

Congrats on the design teams!! :)
I love the fact that your doing an art journal! I have always admire those that create one, I hear its very therapeutic! I know yours will be wonderful!!!!
Have a great weekend Danielle!
e.

LG zei

love the vintage feel of this one and all the artsy stuff

Bente Fagerberg zei

Love love love the artsy page.
You are obviously a natural when it comes to getting messy with paint and other lovely stuff!!
Love the way you laid out the page too.Soo good on the eye...

Ineke zei

Ziet er perfect uit, erg mooi gedaan!